Design, Implementation & Operations
Bay Systems Consulting, Inc. provided Beale Air Force Base with Cisco-certified engineers, training, transportation, equipment, and other necessities for on-site Tier III escalation network support at the Beale AFB Network Control Center in support of phased Unclassified but Sensitive Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPRnet) upgrades. Bay Systems provided formal network-engineering training to familiarize Beale NCC staff with Cisco technology services.
- Developed LANE-to-Gigabit migration plan
- Redesigned base-wide Internet Protocol (IP) addressing and virtual LAN (VLAN) scheme
- Troubleshooting and resolving ATM LANE network issues
- Assisted with pre-configuring new devices and hardware, and optimized them for cutover
- Provided guidance on all aspects of cutover
- Managed, implemented, administered, and trained personnel for Gigabit technologies associated with Beale AFB
- Management, implementation, troubleshooting, administration, and training of Beale AFB personnel for Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) LAN Emulation (LANE) technologies associated with the Beale AFB ATM LANE network, to include local exchange carriers (LECs), basic utility systems (BUSs), or LES devices, and Cisco LS1010s
Note: This support was provided for the existing systems until the Cisco system was fully implemented and operational.